A Twitter observation on the need to keep in touch …
… coupled with a fairly measured retort (in the circumstances) – on the senseless spamming of political-party members, supporters and suchlike – brought the following response from yours truly:
It’s an idea worth pursuing surely. This, for example, would be for a traditional political-party structure:
- Unsubscribe from everything except news about leadership changes
- Unsubscribe from everything except 1. and national Party events
- Unsubscribe from everything except 1., 2. and local Party events
- Unsubscribe from everything except 1., 2., 3. and surveys
- Unsubscribe from requests for donations
The below, meanwhile, would cover it for truly 21st century parties, looking to make a difference in a world of painful voter austerity:
- Subscribe to everything except that which contains requests for donations
So what do you think? Should we?
Or would it be one step too far in handing control over to the supporters?